Monday, June 23, 2008

The Vitamins are here!

Whoop di do! Though I did mess up and order the wrong type of potassium - uh-oh. I should have ordered potassium citrate and istead I got a bottle of Ultra Potassium, which states on the back contains a mix of calcium (no-no), Vitamin C (another no-no) and potassium. I took one before realizing it. So I just ordered the right stuff but now I am wondering if I even need the potassium citrate for my type of stone formation. The Magnesium citrate comes in a 170mg pill, and I need to take 2 of those a day - the Vitamin B6 is 50mg. One of those a day should be fine. Its worth a shot, right? All these studies can't be wrong.

I have also realized that the only way the stone I still have is coming out is to go thru the lithotripsy and stent again. (gulp) Unless Cubelli has something different to talk about when I decide to go see him. I figure I will hear what he has to say, and then go to another urologist for another opinion. Karl was here the other night and said Liz had no problem with the stent. Maybe there is a more comfortable (thinner) one I could have? I guess I need to stop torturing myself and just wait till I see Cubelli for answers.

No comments: